The newly launched AEEP webinar series provides energy experts with a bicontinental platform to exchange insights on emerging energy transition topics. The objective is to further joint action in realising sustainable energy access for all. Upcoming topics include energy efficiency, the harmonisation of a continental African electricity market, wind energy, and others.
The first webinar discusses the challenges and opportunities of green hydrogen and its impact on the bicontinental partnership. Green Hydrogen is seen as a future key technology to secure the full decarbonisation of our energy system. Due to the abundance of renewable energy potential in Africa, green hydrogen offers a cooperation opportunity for both continents.
– Dir Cheikh Bedda, Director of Infrastructure and Energy, African Union Commission
– Mr Georgios Pantoulis, Deputy Head of Unit, Sustainable Energy and Climate Change, DG DEVCO, European Commission
– Mr Rashid Ali Abdallah, Executive Director, African Energy Commission
– Ms Swetha Bhagwat, Head of FSR Global, Florence School of Regulation
– Ms Maria Olczak, Research Associate, Florence School of Regulation
– Mr Tudor Constantinescu, Principal Adviser to the Director General for Energy, European Commission
– Mr Johan van den Berg, Head of Secretariat Africa-EU Energy Partnership
Moderated by Mr Peter Kinuthia, AEEP Secondment to the African Union Commission.
For further information and registration click HERE